Daniel WereeHave been business relationship for 3 years, great partner for Nickel Cobalt Alloy!
Carolina FasioOn-time delivery. And support is good and fast.
Meter Valve Parts Monel Nickel Alloy R405 UNS N04405 High Temperature Steam
|Equal Grade||Monel R405, UNS N04405,||Spec||ASTM B164|
|Forms Of Supply||Forging, Round Bar||Density||8.9g/cm3|
|Certification||ISO9001||Product Name||Monel Nickel Alloy|
forged round bar,
corrosion resistant alloys
Monel R405 UNS N04405 Resistant to Sea Water and Steam at High Temperatures
A-ONE ALLOY keeps in stock hot forged Monel R405 round bar and could make fast delivery for customized sizes.
Monel R405 is the free machining version of Monel 400. It is a nickel-copper alloy with a controlled amount of sulfur added to provide sulfide inclusions that act as chip breakers during machining. Like Monel 400, alloy R-405 is resistant to sea water and steam at high temperatures as well as to salt and caustic solutions. Monel R405 is a solid solution alloy that can only be hardened by cold working. This nickel alloy exhibits characteristics like good corrosion-resistance, good weldability and high strength. A low corrosion rate in rapidly flowing brackish or seawater combined with excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking in most freshwaters, and its resistance to a variety of corrosive conditions led to its wide use in marine applications and other non-oxidizing chloride solutions. This nickel steel alloy is particularly resistant to hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acidswhenthey are de-aerated. As would be expected from its high copper content, alloy R-405 Monel R405 Hex Baris rapidly attacked by nitric acid and ammonia systems.
|Weight(%)||63.0 min||28.0~34.0||2.5 max||2.0 max||0.30 max||0.50 max||0.025~0.060|
- Good machinability and is recommended for use with automatic screw machines
- Resistant to seawater and steam at high temperatures
- Excellent resistance to rapidly flowing brackish water or seawater
- Excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking in most freshwaters
- Particularly resistant to hydrochloric and hydrofluoric acids when they are de-aerated
- Offers some resistance to hydrochloric and sulfuric acids a modest temperatures and concentrations, but is seldom the material of choice for these acids
- Excellent resistance to neutral and alkaline salt
- Resistance to chloride induced stress corrosion cracking
- High resistance to alkalis
- Meter and valve parts
- Screw machine products